Search This Blog

June 24, 2015

The Rebel and Iconoclast (poem)

*Note: This poem is meant to be read slowly. Every phrase, every line, is important. Every phrase is significant. Therefore, this poem, it is meant to be read slowly…to get the full effect of each phrase.


The Rebel and Iconoclast
by Mark Fennell
June 24, 2015


I am a Rebel, a Renegade
      an Iconoclast
I break free from traditions
      and launch from the past
I tear down old structures
      while building new ones which last

I am on a Hero’s Journey
      the Brave Knight’s Tale
Traveling alone and uncertain
      looking for signs on the trail
Ever exploring and creating
      while seeking my Personal Grail

Where my life shall lead
      Only time and history will tell
Yet many Great Beings do value me
      Whispering their guidance
             and wishing me well
Their faith and confidence in me
      will never dispel

Having such constant knowledge
      of their belief in me
Reassured that these beings
      want me to succeed
My courage and moxie
      as I take each step forward
            shall never ever recede

The Renegade, the Revolutionary, the Iconoclast
      I am all of these (and more) indeed
I now walk the path of the Unorthodox Rebel
      as was always intended to be.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment